Dedicated and experienced Doctor Of Oncology earned position of honours like Director Oncology of Sarvodaya Hospital/ Past President of Indian Society of Oncology/ Past President of Indian Society of Medical And Paediatric Oncology/ Visiting Professor of Medical State University Yerevan, Armenia and Consultant Medical Oncology for Republican Institute of Oncology, Tashkent, Uzbekistan..
Medical service & support
Offering three decade of experience in multi-dimensional roles in supporting medical oncology & facilitating the cause to provide free medical service & support across rural India for cancer treatment.
“Medical Practitioner / Medical Oncology/Director Of Department Of Oncology/ Researcher/ Consultant/ Visiting Faculty.”
Dr. Dinesh Pendharkar
National Cancer Society
National Cancer Society, a not profit healthcareNGO, was established in 2001 with aim of improving cancer care.The mission of the organization is expanding access to cancer care, so that,” everybody gets cared for”.
We work in partnership with the government, to empower state run hospitals in cancer care.
Virtual Councelling Camp
Patients can visit government run district hospitals covered by us and will get, opinion, treatment and best possible available care. The physician is technically backed by us and is physically backed by all state governments, wherever the program is running.
Patients can approach us for counselling , opinion and all related issues.
Dr. Dinesh Pendharkar.
Dr. Pendharkar is one of the first practitioners of cancer chemotherapy in India. He has many publications including internationally recognized, practice-changing research.
President Indian Society of Oncology. Chair International Affairs Committee of American Society of Clinical Oncology
Mentor Govt. of Madhya Pradesh, District cancer Care Services, Govt of Odisha and Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Cancer immunotherapy & Targeted therapy
Lung cancer, Breast cancer, Prostate cancer, Cancer of the head and neck area, Gall Bladder cancer, Stomach cancer, Esophagus cancer, Blood cancers, Colorectal cancer, Ovarian cancer, Renal cell carcinoma, Liver cancer. Testicular cancer, Sarcomas, Bone cancer, Neuroendocrine tumors
Management of Hand Foot Syndrome using Urea containing ointment
Professional Education/ Training
We have developed a ‘Pendharkar model’ which includes training of government staff at district hospitals in handling cancer care and providing chemotherapy as well. This is for patients who have undergone surgical interventions.”
We have trained more than 200 physicians and 400 nurses. The program is running as District Cancer Care Programof the states in India (Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh )
I’d Love to Help
Education Book, Multiple publications , book chapters, mainly Indian Journals and ASCO abstracts
Department of Medical Oncology, Asian Institute of Oncology, K. J. Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra, IndiaGovernment of Madhya Pradesh,...
Background: To increase the access to cancer care an innovative delivery model has been initiated in 77 district general hospitals of India ,...
8105 Background: Hand foot syndrome ( Palmar plantar erythrodysesthesia ) is common side effect of capecitabine. Grade II-III toxicity is seen in...
My Approach & Philosophy
- Possess insight into the domains of medical Oncology and capable of establishing new milestones through hands-on research exposure.
- Presently working on a healthcare delivery model, designed and effectively implemented in a Seven States (Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, UP, Bihar, Gujarat) of India to reach to our goal of cure, longer survival or better quality of life.
- Proven expertise in planning, designing and execution of- unique healthcare delivery model. Acknowledged for Empowering Alternate Workforce in Oncology.
- Credentials of initiating and managing the health, education projects including undertaking research work & networking with different stakeholders like businesses, community, NGOs & Government Organization.
- Worked as a Consultant to different cancer support organizations for programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building especially in the field of delivering healthcare support for cancer patients in under privileged section of society.
- Expertise in Participatory programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of integrated community development projects using different tools and methods
- Professional record demonstrates successful and enriched association with renowned educational / research institutes in India
- Efficient contribution in editorial activities, refereeing contribution to publishing & various research works.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging medical enquiries.
- Strong team leader with proven track record of consistently raising efficiency levels of civil societies, community and self-help groups, to balance high level skill with maximum productivity
- Involved in training of healthcare professionals in Oncology through ICI Kenya, for physicians in Africa
Get In Touch
A-1108, Siddhi Vinayak Tower, Bh DCP Office, Makarba SG Highway, Ahmedabad 380051
Mon – Fri: 10am – 9pm
Weekends: 10am – 3m